You can create a connection to a Microsoft Azure SQL database from the Trifacta platform. This section describes how to create connections of this type.
- This connection type supports data ingestion into ADLS/WASB. When large volumes of data are read from an Azure SQL database during job execution, the data is stored in a temporary location in ADLS/WASB. After the job has been executed, the data is removed from the datastore. This process is transparent to the user.
- For more information on Azure SQL Database, see https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/sql-database/.
- This is a read-only connection.
- If you haven't done so already, you must create and deploy an encryption key file for the Trifacta node to be shared by all relational connections. For more information, see Create Encryption Key File .
This connection can also be created using the following property substitutions via API. You must create a connection of SQL Server type.
- For additional details on creating a SQL DB connection, see Enable Relational Connections.
- For details on values to use when creating via API, see Connection Types.
Please create an Azure SQL Database connection and then specify the following properties with the listed values:
Enter your hostname. Example:
|Port||Set this value to |
|Connect String options|
Please insert the following as a single string (no line breaks):
Tip: If you have access to the Azure SQL database through the Azure Portal, please copy the Connect String from that configuration. You may omit the username and password from that version of the string.
(optional) Name of the Azure SQL database to which you are connecting.
|User Name||(for |
|Default Column Data Type Inference|
For more information, see Database Browser.
For more information on how values are converted during input and output with this database, see SQL Server Data Type Conversions.
This page has no comments.