In the Jobs page, you can track the status of all of your jobs. Jobs can be initiated from:
Each job listed in the Jobs page is a grouping of related jobs acting on the same recipe and dataset(s). Each of these jobgroups breaks down into one or more of the following job types.
Tip: To review the status of individual jobs within a jobgroup, hover over the icons in the Status column for the jobgroup.
- Transform: These jobs perform transformations on imported datasets based on the recipe from which the job was launched.
- Profile: If enabled as part of the job definition, a Profile job generates a visual summary of the results of your transformation job.
- Profiling jobs may take longer than transformation jobs.
Even when selected, profiling jobs may not appear in the Jobs page. In some cases, a profiling job may be folded into a transform job for optimization reasons.
NOTE: When the profiling job is run as part of the transform job, there is no listing for profiling in the mouse-over popup.
- See Job Details Page.
Publish: Depending on multiple factors, your job may include a second Publish job that occurs after the Transform job. For example, jobgroups can include internal Publish jobs for writing results to the designated location in the base storage layer.
Publishing can also be executed as a separate, post-execution job. As needed, job results can be published from their target location to another location or data store. These jobs are tracked separately as Publish jobs and can be launched from the Job Details page. For more information, see Job Details Page.
Tabs and Statuses:
Each of the available tabs corresponds to a possible status for jobs that have been initiated on the platform.
- All jobs: All jobs that you have initiated are listed here.
Completed: Job has successfully executed.
NOTE: Invalid steps in a recipe are skipped, and it's still possible for the job to be executed successfully.
Failed: job failed to complete.
NOTE: You can re-run a failed job from the Transformer page. If you have since modified the recipe, those changes are applied during the second run. See Transformer Page.
- Publish Failed: Some failed jobs may be listed under this status, which means that the publishing step of the configured job failed to complete.
- Running: Job is in progress.
Queued: Job has been queued for execution.
You can review and drill into any job that you initiated.
- Job: Internal identifier for the job. This value is unique for all jobs in your Trifacta® instance.
- Click the ID number to explore details about the job. See Job Details Page.
- Click the link to view details.
- See Flow View Page.
- See Tabs above.
Started: Start timestamp for the job.
- Filter by status: Click one of the tabs to filter the display to show only the listings for the selected job status.
- Filter by type and date: Click the Funnel icon to filter the list of jobs by source of execution, date range, or both. See below.
Search: Enter text in the search field to filter the listed jobs by job ID, flow name, or dataset name.
Next to the job listing, click the options menu to see the following:
View results: See Job Details Page.
Delete job: Delete the job from the platform.
Deleting a job cannot be undone.
Additional options are available for each job. See Job Details Page.
To filter the list of jobs based on dates or source of execution, click the Funnel icon. You can use the following dialog to filter the display of jobs.
- Specify the date and time when the jobs to display began.
- If needed, you can specify the start time as a range. Select
Start Betweenfrom the drop-down list and populate both date-time rows.
- Specify the date and time when the jobs to display ended.
- If needed, you can specify the end time as a range. Select
Ended Betweenfrom the drop-down list and populate both date-time rows.
- To clear the time period values, click Clear Filters.
- To apply the specified time filter to the Jobs page, click Apply.
This page has no comments.