You can create connections to SFTP servers to upload your datasets to the Designer Cloud powered by Trifacta® platform .
- Linux- and Windows-based SFTP servers are supported.
- Ingest of over 500 files through SFTP at one time is not supported.
- You cannot run jobs using Avro or Parquet sources uploaded via SFTP.
- Jobs can be executed from SFTP sources on the following running environments:
- Trifacta Photon
- HDFS-based Spark, which includes Cloudera and Hortonworks
- You cannot publish TDE format to SFTP destinations.
- You cannot publish compressed Snappy files to SFTP destinations.
Acquire user credentials to access the SFTP server. You can use username/password credentials or SSH keys. See below.
- Verify that the credentials can access the proper locations on the server where your data is stored. Initial directory of the user account must be accessible.
If preferred, you can use SSH keys to for authentication to the SFTP server.
NOTE: SSH keys must be private RSA keys. If you have OpenSSH keys, you can use the ssh-keygen utility to convert them to private RSA keys.
By default, this connection type is automatically enabled.
NOTE: You must provide the protocol identifier and storage locations for the SMTP server. See below.
Configure file storage protocols and locations
The Designer Cloud powered by Trifacta platform must be provided the list of protocols and locations for accessing SFTP.
- You can apply this change through the Admin Settings Page (recommended) or
trifacta-conf.json. For more information, see Platform Configuration Methods.
Locate the following parameters and set their values according to the table below:
Parameter Description filestorage.whitelist
A comma-separated list of protocols that are permitted to access SFTP.
NOTE: The protocol identifier
"sftp"must be included in this list.
For each supported protocol, this param must contain a top-level path to the location where Designer Cloud powered by Trifacta platform files can be stored. These files include uploads, samples, and temporary storage used during job execution.
NOTE: A separate base URI is required for each supported protocol. You may only have one base URI for each protocol.
NOTE: For SFTP, three slashes at the end are required, as the third one is the path value.
- Save your changes and restart the platform.
Java VFS service
Use of SFTP connections requires the Java VFS service in the Designer Cloud powered by Trifacta platform .
NOTE: This service is enabled by default.
For more information on configuring this service, see Configure Java VFS Service.
Create through application
Any user can create a SFTP connection through the application.
NOTE: Only an administrator can make a connection available for all users.
- Login to the application.
- In the menu, select Settings menu > Settings > Connections. See Connections Page.
- In the Connections page, click Create Connection. See Create Connection Window.
- In the Create Connection window, click the SFTP connection card.
Specify the properties for your SFTP server.
Property Description Host
The hostname of the FTP server to which you are connecting. Do not include any protocol identifier (
Port The port number to use to connect to the server. Default port number is
Select one of the following:
basic- authenticate via username and password
SSH Key- authenticate via username and SSH key
User Name The username to use to connect. Password (Basic credential type) The password associated with the username. SSH Key (SSH Key credential type) The SSH key that applies to the username. Test Connection Click this button to test the connection that you have specified. Default Directory Absolute path on the SFTP server where users of the connection can begin browsing. Block Size (Bytes)
Fetch size in bytes for each read from the SFTP server.
NOTE: Raising this value may increase speed of read operations. However, if it is raised too high, resources can become overwhelmed, and the read can fail.
Connection Name The name of the connection as you want it to appear in the application. Description This description is displayed in the application.
For more information, see Create Connection Window.
Create through APIs
- Acquire the vendor and type information. See Connection Types.
- Create the connection through the APIs. See API Connections Create v4.
This page has no comments.