Use the following steps to initialize the databases of the Designer Cloud powered by Trifacta® platform .
NOTE: These steps assume that the Trifacta node is the host of these databases. Please modify the following steps if you are connecting to databases on other nodes.
- The initializing user must have write permissions to the directory from which the commands are executed.
- The initializing user must have sudo privileges.
NOTE: In the following steps, the default version is PostgreSQL 9.6.
For CentOS 7.x, CentOS 8.x:
For CentOS 7.x - PostgreSQL 12.3:
For RHEL 7.x, RHEL 8.x:
For RHEL 7.x - PostgreSQL 12.3:NOTE: This feature is in Beta release.
For Ubuntu 16.04 / 18.04:
No additional steps are required to initialize the databases in MySQL.
Set custom database parameters
Use the following steps to set custom database names, usernames, and passwords in the Designer Cloud powered by Trifacta platform :
For each database, you can review the parameters in the listed area and make modifications as needed.
typeis set to
POSTGRESQLby default. Modify the value if you are installing the databases into a different database server.
Database Parameter area Main database
Time-Based Trigger database
Configuration Service database
Job Metadata Service database
Artifact Storage Service database
Authorization Service database
Orchestration Service database
Optimizer Service database
For more information, see Database Parameter Reference.
- Make changes in the file as needed and save.
Apply customizations on upgrade
If you have customized database properties, you must apply the edits from the new sample file to the existing configuration file after you have upgrade the Designer Cloud powered by Trifacta platform .
If you are using all defaults, you can just overwrite the existing file with the new version's sample file.
Locate the sample Postgres configuration file:
- If you are upgrading and have customizations in your existing version, you must apply the edits in the above to the following file. Otherwise, overwrite the following file with the above one based on your operating system:
- CentOS/RHEL dir:
- CentOS/RHEL dir:
SAMPLEfile, copy the following declarations and paste them into the production
pg_hba.conffile above any other declarations:
NOTE: You can substitute different database usernames and groups for the ones listed below (
trifacta). These values may be needed for other configuration.
Time-based Trigger database:
Configuration Service database:
Artifact Storage Service database:
Job Metadata Service database:
Authorization Service database:
Orchestration Service database:
Optimizer Service database:
- Save the file.
Restart the databases:
If you are have also restarted the operating system, please execute the following first, followed by the O/S-specific commands:
NOTE: This command is valid only if the Postgres DB is also hosted in the Trifacta node.
For PostgreSQL 12.3 on CentOS 7:
CentOS/RHEL 7 (PostgreSQL 12.3):
Upgrading MySQL versions is not supported in this release.
- If the configuration files indicate that the databases are listening on a port other than the default, this port number must be applied within the Designer Cloud powered by Trifacta platform configuration. For more information, see Change Database Port.
- If you are using non-default usernames and passwords, they must must be applied within the Designer Cloud powered by Trifacta platform configuration. For more information, see Change Database Passwords for PostgreSQL.
- When you have completed the above configuration, you can create the databases and their roles (users) and perform additional configuration. See Create Databases and Users.
This page has no comments.