On April 28, 2021, Google is changing the required permissions for attaching IAM roles to service accounts. If you are using IAM roles for your Google service accounts, please see Changes to User Management.
The following IAM permissions are required for each user to provide baseline functionality in Cloud Dataprep by TRIFACTA® INC. and access to common integrations
Dataprep.User IAM Roles
All users of any version of
Cloud Dataprep by TRIFACTA INC. must be assigned the
Dataprep.User IAM Role.
- (P) denotes permissions that are required for any usage of the product within a project.
Additional Permissions for Cloud Dataprep Premium by TRIFACTA INC.
Read and write to BigQuery, including views and custom SQL:
- bigquery.datasets.get (P)
- bigquery.tables.create (P)
- bigquery.tables.get (P)
- bigquery.tables.getData (P)
- bigquery.tables.list (P)
Run Trifacta jobs on Cloud Dataflow:
Google Cloud Storage
Read and write to Google Cloud Storage, the base storage for Cloud Dataprep by TRIFACTA INC.:
Additional permissions may be required to use specific features. Individual users may be required to permit Cloud Dataprep by TRIFACTA INC. access when the feature is first used.
Cloud Dataflow job cancellation
The following permission enables users to cancel their jobs in progress. It is not required for the product to work but may be helpful to add via IAM roles.
BigQuery publishing options
The following permission is not required to publish to BigQuery.
However, if the above permission is not granted to a user, that user can drop or truncate table data in BigQuery, only if one of the following permissions must be enabled in a user's account.
- The user is granted
ownerrole on the project.
- The user is granted bigquery.tables.permission for the project.
Google Sheets access
- Cloud Dataprep Standard by TRIFACTA® INC.
- Cloud Dataprep Premium by TRIFACTA INC.
For more information, see Import Google Sheets Data.
Additional Permissions for Cloud IAM
In addition to the IAM roles above, users must also be granted the following to enable data access based on their Cloud IAM:
- dataset level permissions in BigQuery: See https://cloud.google.com/bigquery/docs/dataset-access-controls.
- Cloud Storage object ACLs: See https://cloud.google.com/storage/docs/access-control.
These permissions ensure that users can access the appropriate data within Cloud Dataprep by TRIFACTA® INC..
This page has no comments.