Use the Workspace Users page to add, suspend, or remove users from the workspace. You can also reset passwords and change roles.
- Click one of the tabs to display all users of the workspace or a filtered list based on user status.
- Pending invitations can be reviewed in the Invited tab.
Name: Display name for the user. Click the name of the user to review details about the user account. See Workspace User Details Page.
- Email: Username (email address of users)
- Status: Current status of the user. See "Status" below.
- Last login: Timestamp for the last time that the user logged in to the workspace
- Invite users: See "Invite Users" below.
- Search: Enter text to begin searching for specific usernames or email addresses.
- Sort: Click a column name to sort the list of users in ascending or descending order.
Context menu actions:
For each user, you can perform the following actions in the context menu:
- Configure storage: If per-user access is enabled for the workspace, you can configure the access credentials for individual users, either using key-secret combinations or IAM roles. For more information, see Configure Your Access to S3.
- Edit: Modify user properties, including platform roles. See "Edit Users" below.
Reset password: Self-service password reset is enabled by default. If enabled, click this option to send an email to the user to reset his or her password.
- Suspend member: When a workspace user is suspended, the user cannot access the workspace.
- The suspended user still counts against the workspace limit.
- All of the user's flows and datasets are retained.
- Resources such as connections and flows that are owned by the user become inaccessible to workspace users that have access.
- Remove: When a user is removed, the user's account, including all assets such as imported datasets, samples, and recipes, are removed from the workspace.
At time of removal, you can choose to transfer ownership of the user's assets to another user. If those assets are not transferred, they are removed with the user's account.
If you must recover a removed user or that user's assets, please contact Trifacta Support within 14 days of the deletion.
Users in the workspace can be set to one of the following statuses:
- Active: User can log in and use the workspace normally.
- Invited: User has been sent an email but has not yet clicked the link to activate the workspace account.
Suspended: User has been suspended by a workspace administrator from using the workspace.
NOTE: A suspended user's flows and datasets are still stored within the workspace. However, the user cannot access them. Ownership of these objects has not been transferred. A workspace administrator has ownership privileges on the user's objects.
To invite users to your workspace, please do the following:
NOTE: When a user accepts your invitation, the additional user counts toward the maximum number of permitted users of the workspace.
NOTE: If you are re-inviting a user who has been removed, you must wait 14 days to invite the user back to the same workspace and retain the user's data. If restoring the user's flows and recipes is not important, please contact Trifacta Support for immediate re-instatement.
For more information, see Invite Workspace Users.
To modify a user account in the workspace, please complete the following steps.
- Locate the user in the list of users in the workspace.
- In the context menu on the right side of the user's listing, select Edit.
In the Edit User dialog, modify the following properties as needed:
Name: The display name of the user.
NOTE: Only platform administrators can edit a user name. Workspace admins cannot.
Email: The email address is used as the login identifier. This value cannot be modified.
Roles: Select or remove the workspace roles to assign to the user. For more information, see Workspace Roles Page.
To save your changes, click Edit user.
Users can have one of the following roles:
NOTE: Users whose roles have changed may be logged out of the application. When they log in again, the new roles are applied.
|A member can import data, create recipes and samples, and generate results within the workspace.|
|An admin has all of the member privileges, as well as the ability to administer the workspace.|
This page has no comments.