An exported flow can be imported into Trifacta® Wrangler.
You cannot import flows that were exported before Release 6.8.
NOTE: You cannot import flows into a version of the product that is earlier than the one from which you exported it. For example, if you develop a flow on free Trifacta Wrangler, which is updated frequently, you may not be able to import it into other editions of the product, which are updated less frequently.
Imported flows do not contain the following objects:
NOTE: Depending on the import environment, some objects in the flow definition may be incompatible. For example, the connection type may not be valid, or a datasource may not be reachable. In these cases, the objects may be removed from the flow, or you may have to fix a reference in the object definition. After import, you should review the objects in the flow to verify.
- Reference datasets
Imported datasets that are ingested into backend storage for Trifacta Wrangler may be broken after the flow has been imported into another instance. These datasets must be reconnected to their source. You cannot use import mapping rules to reconnect these data sources. This issue applies to the following data sources:
- Microsoft Excel workbooks and worksheets. See Import Excel Data.
- PDF tables. See Import PDF Data.
NOTE: If the exported ZIP file contains a single JSON file, you can just import the JSON file. If the export ZIP also contains other artifact files, you must import the whole flow definition as a ZIP file. For best results, import the entire ZIP file.
- Export the flow from the source system. See Export Flow.
- Login to the import system, if needed.
- Click Flows.
From the context menu in the Flow page, select Import Flow.
Tip: You can import multiple flows (ZIP files) through the file browser or through drag-and-drop. Press
COMMAND+ click or
SHIFT+ click to select multiple files for import.
- Select the ZIP file containing the exported flow. Click Open.
Tip: When you import the flow, click the Warnings link to review the list of objects that must be remapped.
The flow is imported and available for use in the Flows page. After import:
- You may need to reconnect your imported datasets to data sources that are available in the new workspace or project. See Reconnect Flow to Source Data.
- You may also need to reconnect your outputs. See Reconnect Flow to Outputs.
This page has no comments.