A template is a pre-defined set of guidelines for creating the objects needed for a flow that solves a specific use case. Templates enable you to quickly create a flow by guiding you through the process of importing a dataset, transforming the data, and publishing outputs to the specified destination. A template consists of placeholders for the following flow objects:
- Imported dataset
To create a working flow, into which you can import data, transform it, and then run a job to generate the desired output, you must specify one of each of the above objects in the template. Details are below.
How to use a template
Follow these steps to use a template.
From the Home page, select the required template. For more information, see Home Page.
NOTE: If you want to use a blank flow, you can select the Create a new flow option. For more information, see Create Flow Page.
- A new flow is created, with the
- X, where:
Template Nameis the name of the template you have selected
Xis a number.
Tip: Click the
- X, to enter a flow name and description.
- Review the guidelines to populate each placeholder in the template. A template has been specified when you have configured one instance of each of the following:
- Dataset: Click the Dataset placeholder to select a dataset to import. For more information, see Import Data Page.
- Recipe: After you import a dataset, an empty recipe is created for you. To build your recipe, click the recipe placeholder. For more information, see Transformer Page.
Output: Click the output placeholder. Specify the file or table output to which results are written. For more information, see Create Outputs.
The Create Output dialog box is displayed.
- Select the required loading option. For more information, see Loading Options below.
- Then, specify the table that you are loading. For example, for BigQuery, after you select the Project, you can specify the Dataset and Table to load.
- To add the output, click Save.
- The output is saved in the selected destination.
- When finished, the specified objects are displayed in the flow. For more information, see Flow View Page.
- To run a job, select the output object, and click Run. For more information, see Run Job Page.
The following options are available for loading a table:
- Create a new table: For each job run, a new table is created with the same base name in the selected publishing destination.
- Replace data only (Truncate): For each job run, all data in the table is truncated and replaced with any new results.
- Append to table: For each job run, new results are added to the end of the table.
- Drop the table: With each run, the table is dropped (deleted). A new table with the same name is created, and any new results are added to it.
This page has no comments.