In the Library page, you can review your imported and reference datasets and any macros that you may have created. You can also import new data from this page.
NOTE: You can only see the imported datasets to which you have access in your currently selected project or workspace. If the data underlying the imported dataset is not available, the imported dataset is still listed in the Library page, since it is just a reference to the data.
To create a new imported dataset, click Import Data. See Import Data Page.
Filter by type:
Click one of the pre-defined filters to show datasets of the following types:
All Objects: All imported datasets or references available to the current user.
Imported Datasets: Datasets that you have imported into Designer Cloud Powered by Trifacta® Educational.
- The Source column indicates where the original source data is located.
References: Objects that you have created from your recipes that can be referenced in another flow as a dataset.
- Name: Name of the object.
- In Flows: Count of flows in which the object is in use.
- Source: Flow or datastore where the object is located.
- Last Updated: Timestamp of the last time that the object was modified.
- Browse: If displayed, use the page browsing controls to explore the available objects.
- Search: To search object names, enter a string in the search bar. Results are highlighted immediately in the Library page.
- Sort: Click a column header to sort the display by the column's entries.
Hover over an object to reveal these actions on the right side of the screen.
- Details: Review details about the dataset. See Dataset Details Page.
Preview: Inspect a preview of the dataset.
NOTE: Preview is not available for binary format sources.
- Wrangle in New Flow: (Imported dataset only) You can create a new flow and begin immediately wrangling the dataset. This step also creates a recipe in the flow.
- Add to Flow: Add the dataset to a new or existing flow.
Make a copy: Create a copy of the imported dataset. This option is not available for reference datasets.
- Edit name and description: Change the name and description of the dataset.
Delete Dataset: Delete the dataset.
Deleting a dataset cannot be undone.
This page has no comments.