This section provides overview information on how to configure the running environments accessible from your deployment of the Trifacta application.
A running environment is the set of services that are used to execute a job.
- A job can include tasks to do the following:
- Ingest data
- Transform data
- Profile data
- Sample data
- Generate results
- A running environment can be hosted on the Trifacta node or across a cluster that is connected to the product.
Hosted on the Trifacta node, Trifacta Photon is an in-memory running environment designed for high performance on small- to medium-sized jobs.
Trifacta Photon may require enablement in your project or workspace:
- For more information, see Workspace Settings Page.
Amazon Elastic Map Reduce (EMR) is a managed-cluster data platform for processing large volumes of disparate sources of data. This scalable platform is used for running jobs from Trifacta and can handle data processing tasks of any size.
- EMR is enabled by default and requires no additional configuration.
- If you are accessing AWS resources using IAM roles, those roles must contain policies to run jobs on EMR. For more information, see Required AWS Account Permissions.
This page has no comments.