The following types of jobs can be executed in Trifacta® Wrangler:
- Convert jobs: Some datasources, such as binary file or JSON formats, must be converted to a format that can be easily read by the Trifacta application. During data ingestion, the datasource is converted to a natively supported file format and stored on backend storage.
- Transform job: This type of job executes the steps in your recipe against the dataset to generate results in the specified format. When you configure your job, any set of selected output formats causes a transform job to execute according to the job settings.
- Profile job: This type of job builds a visual profile of the generated results. When you configure your job, select Profile Results to generate a profile job.
For more information, see Run Job Page.
Identify Job Failures
When a job fails to execute, a failure message appears in following locations:
The following is an example from the Jobs page:
In the above example, the Transform and Profile jobs completed, but the Publish job failed. In this case, the results exist and, if the source of the problem is diagnosed, they can be published separately.
Jobs that Hang
In some cases, a job may stay in a pending state indefinitely. Typically, these errors are related to a failure of the job tracking service. You can try to the following:
- Resubmit the job.
Try Other Job Options
You can try to re-execute the job using different options.
- Look to cut data volume. Some job failures occur due to high data volumes. For jobs that execute across a large dataset, you can re-examine your data to remove unneeded rows and columns of data. Use the Deduplicate transformation to remove duplicate rows. See Remove Data.
- Change the running environment. If the job failed on Trifacta Photon, try executing it on another running environment.
Tip: The Trifacta Photon running environment is not suitable for jobs on large datasets. You should accept the running environment recommended in the Run Job page.
If you are unable to diagnose your job failure, please contact Alteryx Support.
NOTE: When you contact support about a job failure, please be sure to download and include the entire zip file, your recipe, and (if possible) your dataset.
Report an Issue
If you believe that your job has failed due to an issue with Trifacta Wrangler, select Help menu > Report issue. Copy your session information to the clipboard and paste it into an email to Alteryx Support.
This page has no comments.