This section describes how to use a provided template to create an end-to-end flow.
A template is a pre-defined set of guidelines for creating the objects needed for a flow that solves a specific use case. Templates enables you to simplify and activate the work quickly by following the guidelines through the process of importing a dataset, transforming the data, and publishing outputs to the specified destination.
How to use a template
Follow these procedures to use a template.
From the Home page, select the required template.
NOTE: If you want to use a blank flow, you can select the Create a new flow option.
- A new flow is created, with the
- X, where:
Template Nameis the name of the template you have selected
Xis a number.
Tip: Click the
- X, to enter a flow name and description.
- Review the guidelines to populate each placeholder in the template. A template has been specified when you have configured one instance of each of the following:
- Dataset: Click the Dataset placeholder to select a dataset to import. For more information, see Import Data Page.
- Recipe: When you import a dataset, an empty recipe is created for you. To build your recipe, click the recipe placeholder. For more information, see Transformer Page.
- Output: Click the output placeholder to specify the output destination. For more information, see Create Outputs.
- When finished, the specified objects are displayed in the flow in Flow View.
- To run a job, select the output object, and click Run.
- Configure the job in the Run Job page. Click Run again.
This page has no comments.