When data is imported:
- Supported data types from the source are converted to corresponding data types supported by the application, based upon the conversions listed in this section.
- Types that are not supported but are recognized by the application are converted to String types.
- Data for types that cannot be read from the source due to technical reasons are converted to null values on import.
By default, the applies type inference for imported data. The application attempts to infer a column's appropriate data type in the application based on a review of the first lines in the sample and how those lines are interpreted by the type system.
On export from the :
- The application maps the internal to the explicit type listed in the appropriate page in this section.
- Unmapped types are converted to the equivalent of strings.