After you have applied a configuration change to the platform and restarted, you can use the following steps to verify that the platform is working correctly.
Prepare Your Sample Dataset
To complete this test, you should locate or create a simple dataset. Characteristics:
- Two or more columns.
- If there are specific data types that you would like to test, please be sure to include them in the dataset.
- A minimum of 25 rows is required for best results of type inference.
- Ideally, your dataset is a single file or sheet.
Your dataset should be created in the format that you wish to test. If you are testing an integration, you should create it in the format that is supported by the connected datastore.
Tip: It might be easiest to create your dataset in Microsoft Excel in your local desktop.
- Store your example dataset in a location to which the application is connected.
- Login to the application. See Login.
- In the application menu bar, click Library.
- Click Import Data. See Import Data Page.
- Select the connection where the dataset is stored.
- Navigate the tree to select the dataset.
- Click the + icon next to the dataset to upload.
- In the right panel, click the Add Dataset to a Flow checkbox. Enter a name for the new flow.
- Click Import and Add to Flow.
- Troubleshooting: At this point, you have read access to your datastore from the platform. If not, please check the logs, permissions, and your .
- In the Library page, click the name of the dataset you just imported.
- In the Transformer page, some steps are automatically added to the recipe for you. So, you can run the job immediately.
- You can add additional steps if desired. See Transformer Page.
- Click Run Job.
- Select the running environment to generate the results.
- To add other output formats, click Add Publishing Destination. Configure the output formats and locations.
- To test dataset profiling, click the Profile Results checkbox. Note that profiling runs as a separate job and may take considerably longer.
- Troubleshooting: Later you can re-run this job on a different running environment. Some formats are not available across all running environments.
- When the job completes, you should see a success message under the Jobs tab in the Flow View page.
- Troubleshooting: Either the Transform job or the Profiling job may break. To localize the problem, try re-running a job by deselecting the broken job type or running the job on the . You can also download the log files to try to identify the problem.
- Click View Results from the context menu for the job listing. In the Job Results page, you can see a visual profile of the generated results.
- See Job Results Page.
- Click Export Results. In the Export Results window, click the CSV and JSON links to download the results to your local desktop.
- Load these results into a local application to verify that the content looks ok.