This guide steps through the requirements and process for installing through the AWS Marketplace.
- Connectivity to sources other than S3 and Redshift is not supported.
- Jobs must be executed in the running environment. No other running environment integrations are supported.
- Anomaly and stratified sampling are not supported in this deployment.
- When publishing single files to S3, you cannot apply an
append publishing action.
must be deployed into an existing Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
The EC2 instance, S3 buckets, and any connected Redshift databases must be located in the same Amazon region. Cross-region integrations are not supported at this time.
NOTE: HDFS integration is not supported for Amazon Marketplace installations.
- The S3 bucket automatically created by the Marketplace CloudFormation template is not automatically deleted when you delete the stack in CloudFormation. You must empty the bucket and delete it, which can be done through the AWS Console.
By default, is installed on a server with SELinux enabled. Security-enhanced Linux (SELinux) provides a set of security features for, among other things, managing access controls.
Tip: The following may be applied to other deployments of the on servers where SELinux has been enabled.
In some cases, SELinux can interfere with normal operations of platform software. If you are experiencing connectivity problems related to SELinux, you can do either one of the following:
- Disable SELinux on the server. For more information, please see the CentOS documentation.
- Apply the following commands on the server, as root:
- Open ports on the server for listening.
By default, the listens on port 3005. The following opens that port when SELinux is enabled:
semanage port -a -t http_port_t -p tcp 3005
- Repeat the above step for any other ports that you wish to open on the server.
Permit nginx, the proxy on the , to open websockets:
setsebool -P httpd_can_network_connect 1
- All desktop users of the platform must have the latest version of Google Chrome installed on their desktops.
- All desktop users must be able to connect to the EC2 instance over the port on which is listening. Default is 3005.
NOTE: enforces a maximum limit of 30 users.
Before you install the platform, please verify that the following steps have been completed.
EULA. Before you begin, please review the End-User License Agreement. See End-User License Agreement.
- SSH Key-pair. Please verify that there is an SSH key pair available to assign to the .
Install Steps - CloudFormation template
This install process creates the following:
- on an EC2 instance
- An S3 bucket to store data
- IAM roles and policies to access the S3 bucket from the .
- In the Marketplace listing, click Deploy into an existing VPC.
- Select Template: The template path is automatically populated for you.
- Specify Details:
Stack Name: Display name of the application
NOTE: Each instance of the should have a separate name.
Instance Type: Only one instance type is enabled.
Key Pair: Select the SSH pair to use for access.
Allowed HTTP Source: Please specify the IP address or range of address from which HTTP/HTTPS connections to the application are permitted.
Allowed SSH Source: Please specify the IP address or range of address from which SSH connections to the EC2 instance are permitted.
- Options: None of these is required for installation. Specify your options as needed for your environment.
- Review: Review your installation and configured options.
- Select the checkbox at the end of the page.
- To launch the configured instance, click Create.
- In the Stacks list, select the name of your application. Click the Outputs tab and collect the following information. Instructions in how to use this information is provided later.
- No outputs appear until the stack has been created successfully.
URL and port number to which to connect to the
|Users must connect to this IP address and port number to access.|
|TrifactaBucket||The address of the default S3 bucket||This value must be applied through the application.|
|TrifactaInstanceId||The identifier for the instance of the platform|
This value is the default password for the admin account.
NOTE: This password must be changed immediately.
When the instance is spinning up for the first time, performance may be slow. When the instance is up, please navigate to the
- When the login screen appears, enter the following:
NOTE: As soon as you login as an admin for the first time, you should change the password.
- From the application menu, select the Settings menu. Then, click Settings > Admin Settings.
- In the Admin Settings page, you can configure many aspects of the platform, including user management tasks, and perform restarts to apply the changes.
In the Search bar, enter the following:
Set the value of this setting to be the
TrifactaBucket value that you collected from the Outputs tab.
When the platform restarts, you can begin using the product.
If you need to SSH to the , you can use the following command:
ssh -i <path_to_key_file> <userId>@<tri_node_DNS_or_IP>
Path to the key file stored on your local computer.
|The user ID is always |
DNS or IP address of the
For more information, see Upgrade for AWS Marketplace.
You can access complete product documentation online and in PDF format. From within the product, select Help menu > Product Docs.