You can search and replace for specific values in a column.
If the column is known
- Select the column containing the value you wish to replace.
- In the Selection Details panel on the right side, click the appropriate bar under Unique Values. All matching values are selected within the column.
- Right-click the bar and select Replace Values....
A pre-configured transformation appears in the Transform Builder. Example:
Tip: You can search for multiple items within the same column. Add other search values in additional Find textboxes.
Add your value in the Replace with textbox.
- Click Add.
- All matching cell values in the column are replaced with your entered value.
For more information, see Selection Details Panel.
If the column is unknown
- If you do not know the column, click the Filter tool in the Transformer bar.
- Click the Rows tab and enter the value to locate. Only rows where the value appears are displayed in the data grid. Each instance of the matching value is highlighted.
- Locate the column containing the specific highlighted values to replace. Select the value.
- In the Suggestions panel, locate the Replace transformation card.
- Select the variant of the Replace transformation that contains the specific value you selected. Then, click Edit.
- A pre-configured transformation appears in the Transform Builder. Example:
- Enter your replacement value in the Replace with textbox.
- Click Add.
- All matching values in the column are replaced with your entered value.
For more information, see Filter Panel.